- ExpertI have spent the majority of my time developing the skills and working with the technologies in this category. I have completed numerous projects involving these skills or technologies.
more >><< less
- Responsive/Mobile-First Websites
- Custom Web Applications
- API Integrations
- LearnDash Learning Management System (LMS)
- Salesforce, Pardot, Marketo, HubSpot
- Web Mapping Applications
- GIS Analysis
- Git Version Control System
- ProficientI have spent a significant amount of time developing the skills and working with the technologies in this category. Many of these are used peripherally in most projects that I work on, but are not the focus of the project. Linux server administration and maintenance is an example of this. Other items in this list represent skills or technologies that were a major component of one or more projects, but that have not been used in enough projects or recently enough to consider myself an expert.
more >><< less
- Linux Server Administration
- Google Analytics
- React JS
- Liferay CMS
- Apache Web Server
- Tornado Web Server
- Adobe Digital Publishing Suite
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe Photoshop
- Curata Content Marketing Platform
- Uberflip Content Marketing Automation
- Quantum GIS (QGIS)
- Satellite/Aerial Image Analysis
- Subversion (SVN) Version Control System
- Certain (event management) API integration
- Cvent (event management) API integration
- Hall Data (subscription management) API integration
- Twitter API integration
- LinkedIn API integration
- ADA Compliant Websites
- NoviceI have spent some time working on projects in which these technologies were employed. I consider myself to have “dabbled” in these areas. I am familiar with these technologies, but still find myself on the steep part of the learning curve.
more >><< less
- iOS Mobile Apps
- Windows Server (IIS)
- Oracle Database
My name is Jennifer Zeisloft. I have been developing websites and web applications for more than a decade. I have worked as part of a development team, as a project director, and as an independent entity who wears the many hats all at once. I’ve seen and participated in many great projects with excellent outcomes. I’ve also seen many mismanaged projects with poor outcomes and have been tasked with turning them around, through development efforts, management efforts, or both.
The great projects all have a few things in common that the poor projects lack: effective communication for the project duration, the skill to meet the demands of the project, and a solid technical management process that includes meticulous quality control. Each project I undertake is supported by these three qualities.
The idea behind Intertidalist is that the services I offer exist in the “intertidal zone” of business and technology, smoothly bridging dual worlds. Sea and land, geek and user, business and tech, development and management.
My educational background and experience have made me an effective Intertidalist. I have an undergraduate degree in Anthropology and spent a few years as an archaeologist before diving into the world of cartography and Geographic Information Systems (GIS). After earning a GIS certificate, I pursued a Masters Degree in Environmental Monitoring, which was an intersection of GIS, remote sensing (primarily satellite and aerial imagery), and image analysis.
I first ventured into web development by building mapping applications that explored tourism, coastal management, and invasive species in the Great Lakes region. I soon discovered that much more could be done with GIS with the ability to develop custom applications, which shifted my focus toward GIS application development.
I enjoyed the challenge of learning to program and sought to expand my skill set. I became a full time web developer to hone additional skills outside the realm of GIS, eventually adding some moonlighting contract work, and finally becoming a full-time independent web development contractor in 2013.
I’ve been fortunate to work on a great variety of web development projects in diverse fields, including healthcare, education, estuary science, transportation, environmental monitoring and remediation, the meetings industry, advertising, banking, agriculture, hydrology, emergency management, recreation, and retail. I learn something new from each project I undertake, giving me new skills and perspectives to apply to each successive project.
If you’d like to learn more about me, please check out my LinkedIn profile, contact me with any questions you may have, or explore the services I have to offer. You can also learn more about the construction of this website.
Thank you for your interest!